Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From beyarecords.com
Subject Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I get the following error message when trying to build postgresql:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

I have installed XCode which has the gcc compiler. I use the following configure command to start the build process:

./configure --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl --without-tk --with-openssl --without-readline --enable-debug ANT=/library/ant/bin/ant

I have used the above combination before with no problems. What is the issue here and how can I resolve it?

regards

Uzo